Horatio Harris was licensee of the Emu (now Central) Hotel 1911 - 1912.
(Sketch courtesy of Peter Freeman)
The Central (formaly known as The Emu) Hotel was established in 1879 located at the rear of the Globe,
the Hotel continued trading at that location until late 1882 when it was relocated to it's current location.
During the relocation of the Hotel the license name was changed from the "old" to the "new" Emu Hotel.
After extensive research on the history of The Central Hotel we have come to an end at 1924,
therefore we haven't found out when the license name was changed to The Central Hotel.
Licensees from past to present
Emu (now Central) Hotel: Situated 'rear Globe', 1879 Dugald Stuart, 1881 Henry Ferrier,
October 1882 licence transferred from the 'old' to the 'new' Emu Hotel,
located where the"Central Hotel" now stands, September 1882 - 1883 William B. Bromley,
1885 - 1886 Jonas Cuzner, 1887 Thomas Dwyer, 1888 - 1893 Patrick Ryan,
1894 John King, 1895 John King, august 1895 Richard Weston, July 1896 Mrs King,
1897 - 1910 Patrick Ryan, 1911 Horatio Harris, 1913 William Carry,
1914 - 1923 Michael Joseph Maher,September 1923 Margaret O'Brien,
December 1923 - 1924 Thomas Comins.
(all information was sourced from "Cootamundra Foundation to Federation"
and "Cootamundra Past Imperfect" written by Patricia Caskie)